Sunday, August 14, 2011

Broccoli Bites

I hate to say it, but these were an epic fail.  I don't even know why.


Ingredients:
  • 16 oz. package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained of liquid 
  • 1 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup of seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
Directions:
  1. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
  2. With your hands, form small patties and lay on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  3. Bake at 375F for 25 minutes, turning the patties after the first 15 minutes.
My changes:
  • I followed this recipe almost exactly, other than using plain breadcrumbs rather than Italian (but I added Italian seasoning).  It was just really dry and tasteless.  Maybe more egg for moisture and some additional seasonings?

No comments:

Post a Comment