Sunday, August 14, 2011

Healthy Egg Salad

I don't have many good things to say about this recipe, but I think that's mainly my fault.  I accidentally spilled a TON of pepper in there and that was just about all you could taste.  We managed to swallow some down but it was not good and the husband wishes I had just stayed with a regular egg salad recipe.


Ingredients:
  • 8 large eggs, boiled and peeled
  • 1/3 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
  1. Cut each egg in half and place in food processor bowl. 
  2. Pulse 10-12 times until eggs are broken up into small pieces, being careful not to overdo it and puree the eggs. (Or, chop the eggs with a knife.) 
  3. In a separate large bowl, use a fork to whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt, and pepper.
  4. Add the chopped eggs and mix lightly with the fork until well combined.
My changes:
  • As I said, I used WAY too much pepper and that was not good.
  • It was also a bit dry.  I'd recommend more yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment