Sunday, August 12, 2012

French Toast

French Toast is one of those foods that I always wanted to make, but for some reason I was afraid to try it.  I'm really glad I got over that, because it was awesome.

Ingredients
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • Teaspoon of cinnamon (can add/subtract to suit personal preference)
  • Teaspoon of vanilla (again, can adjust to personal preference)
  • Sliced bread (with the above ingredients, I was able to make 6 slices)
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients except bread.  
  2. Dip bread into egg mixture, thoroughly coating.
  3. Place bread in lightly buttered pan, on medium heat.  
  4. Cook until each side starts to look a little dry (not too dry or burnt, but definitely not soggy anymore).  Flip as needed (think of it like cooking a grilled cheese).
  5. Serve, preferably with syrup and milk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment