Sunday, August 12, 2012

Kool Aid Pie

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this recipe here before.  It's one I was introduced to through a Southern Culture class, shockingly enough.  We had a whole chapter about food (y'all know Southerners like to eat) and someone brought this as a family recipe. 

Ingredients
  • 1 graham cracker crust
  • 1 can Eaglebrand milk
  • 1 tub Cool Whip
  • 1 packet Kool Aid 
Directions
  1. Mix the condensed milk, Kool Aid, and Cool Whip together until thoroughly mixed.
  2.  Spoon into graham cracker crust.
  3. Refrigerate (I'd recommend at least 1.5 hours). 
My notes
  • Easy peasy, right?  
  • I personally like more tangy flavors of Kool Aid for this, so I use lemon/lime mixes to balance out the extreme sweetness of the other ingredients (Pink Lemonade is my favorite).  I know others who have used Fruit Punch, etc though so play around with it as you see fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment